Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Thoughts on Prior MSMC Teacher Candidates Direct Instruction Lesson

I was given the opportunity to watch a video of direct instruction lesson that was done by some previous MSMC teacher candidates for the social studies fieldwork experience.  I thought that they did an excellent job.  A few things that stood out immediately were that everyone was actively involved in presenting the lesson and there were smooth transitions to each part of the lesson.  I also really liked how they got all of the kids involved in agreeing and disagreeing with a student's response to a question.  It is a great way to get the whole class engaged.  Their lesson was also fast past and presented the information in a clear manner with multiple opportunities to check for understanding.  I also really liked the way they helped students fill in information in their graphic organizers along the way.  That is something that in retrospect I wish we had done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment