Today we had a mock interview. I was an administrator and had to design questions based on the cooperative learning model. I interviewed three different groups of my colleagues. It was interesting to design the questions and then see what the responses of my colleagues was. In some instances the answers were not what I had envisioned. It was a great experience to design questions because I now feel that I have a better grasp on some of the questions that I will be asked in the future on my own interview. A few things that I learned from this process and advice that I have for my colleagues.
1. Always dress professionally and wear appropriate length clothing.
2. Answer the whole part of the question.
3. Stay on topic.
4. Use hard stock paper to print your resume.
5. Use a firm handshake.
6. Study the school and their mission statement.
7. Come with thoughtful questions to ask the interviewers.
Check out this video for more interviewing tips!